Writers should check out my posts on Mondays and Fridays!
On Mondays, I provide a weekly round-up post of the top five best writing-related articles and posts from the previous week. Those writing-related articles could be on writing fiction, nonfiction, or poetry, or about blogging, freelancing, marketing, platform, social media, or web design. Often, there's something inspirational or artistic, or a sample of creative writing.
Image courtesy of artur84 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
On Fridays, I switch up the posts I write and publish among a number of different categories.
- Posts in the Networking category (or series) are those that answer a question or address a comment posed by another blogger on a writing-related or marketing-related topic.
- Posts in the Viewpoint category are sort of like op-ed pieces or editorials. I provide my perspective on a particular topic, usually related to the writing world in some way.
- Posts in the Flash Fiction Challenge category are my submissions to the weekly writing prompts provided by expert author Chuck Wendig over on his blog. I highly recommend that you check out his extensive resources for writers, if you haven't already done so!
- Posts in the Conference Insights category are those in which I pass along a gem of a writing tip that I learned from an author, publisher, agent, or editor at a writing conference I attended.
- Posts from the Film Writes category are those that take and unpack a writing topic from a movie I've recently seen, with the movie as an illustrative example.
- Occasionally I highlight a contributor in the Guest Post category, as when I devoted the four Fridays in April 2015 to showcasing poetry (for Poetry Month) by my sister, Katharine Trupkiewicz.
Image courtesy of Simon Howden at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
NOTE: I have temporarily suspended Friday posts to my blog (with the exception of the occasional extra book review) as of October 2015, but look for those posts to start back up in early 2016!
Look around, make yourself at home, add your two cents to a post or two, and feel free to send me a note via the Contact form in the right-hand sidebar of the blog. I look forward to hearing from you!