Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Meaning of the Season

I don't know about you, but the last couple of weeks have been, for me, some of the craziest in a while.

It hasn't just been the holiday concerts and family gatherings and cookie-baking (a ritual that starts the day after Thanksgiving in my family). It's also been the unexpected things ... the hospitalization of a relative after a health scare, the abrupt and irreversible (and expensive) death of my hard drive, the loss of a years-old friendship.

And it's only been today, on Christmas Eve, that I've had time to slow down and sit down and think about nothing.

And I find that when I'm thinking about nothing, I tend to remember the point.

Image courtesy of Supertrooper on FreeDigitalPhotos.net

For me, the point is that my Savior who lived and died on this earth for me was born, tomorrow, a couple thousand years ago, and in spite of a broken laptop, lost files, cheerful choir concerts, and dozens of cookies, I'm loved, valuable, and so thankful to know that.

What do you know to be true this holiday season? If you stop moving for a few minutes and sit in silence, what resonates with you?

Give it a moment or two to sink in before you race back out to rescue the last batch of cookies from the oven.

Wishing you and yours a warm, cozy, cheerful, peaceful, and very happy Christmas.

# # #

Note: There have been no book reviews the last couple of weeks, in part due to the seasonal insanity and in part due to my laptop's long hiatus. Book reviews will resume in earnest in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave a comment or a question. Include links to your blog, website, Twitter, and other social media so I can link back!