5. "Winter Wonderland Writing Prompts" on Writer's Relief
If you're a visual person, especially, someone who needs to see an image before you get inspired, check out these five photos and related questions to springboard your writing this week!
# # #
4. "So You Want to Be a Full-Time Freelancer" on All Digitocracy (Tracie Powell)
I know, it's easy to beat to death the subject of what to do if you want to freelance on a full-time basis. However, this article --- a compilation of practical recommendations from several freelancers and writers --- is refreshingly thorough and neatly subdivided into categories of things to consider, from websites to experience to finances.
# # #
3. "4 Harsh Truths That Will Help You Sell More Books [Updated]" on BooksGoSocial Book Marketing Blog (Laurence O'Bryan)
Everything you need to know, in quick summary format, about the reality of getting your book out there and seeing it sell to readers, including an eye-opening graphic that might help open up new marketing avenues for your work you never thought about before.
# # #
2. "How to Write Better Content for Social Media" on Convince & Convert (Lesley Vos)
From the first line --- "What do you want from social media today?" --- Vos gets right to the heart of the issue. Consider, for instance, whether you're looking to get in touch with readers, or expand your platform to get your book noticed, or find out whether there's even a demographic for your planned project. Your motivation matters. Think about it.
# # #
1. "10 Hidden Microsoft Word Features That Will Make Your Life Easier" on MakeUseOf.com (Saikat Basu)
If you're anything like me, you spend a lot of time wondering whether the only things Microsoft Word can do for you are letting you type and save a document. This article is full of diagrams and other visuals to help you utilize ten lesser-known features of Microsoft Word that will, indeed, make life easier!
# # #
There's the lineup for last week. Let me know what you liked, what you didn't like, and what you'd like to see more of in the future!