Movie reviews might make slightly less sense, but there's no reason that should be the case. In fact, I'd like to suggest that movies can teach us a lot of techniques for writing fiction.
Over the next several posts, I'll discuss these five things that movies can teach you about writing fiction (in no particular order).
(1) How to Show More and Tell Less
(2) How to Create Realistic Dialogue
(3) The Character Roles Your Story Might Need
(4) How to Create 3-Dimensional Characters
(5) How You Can Use a Tag Line in Your Pitch or Query
Stay tuned for the next installments, and let me know in the comments what a movie has taught you about the process of writing fiction.